Fox C-6 Inclement Weather Procedure
In the event of inclement weather or other situation that requires school to be canceled for the day or school to be dismissed early, an announcement will be made as soon as the decision is made by District Administration. Below are some important details to be aware of:
- Our students' safety is always the top priority when making the decision to cancel school.
- Every attempt will be made to announce a school cancelation at the earliest possible time.
- Check the district website for any cancellations or early dismissals. You can also check the District Twitter account @FoxC6Schools or Facebook for up-to-date information. An alert will be posted prominently on the District Home page. Make sure to "refresh" your browser periodically in case new information has been released. Information will also be sent over email and text message through the district's school notification system.
- School closings and dismissals will also be available on local television stations - KTVI (Fox 2), KMOV (News Channel 4), and KSDK (News Channel 5) - both on-air and on their respective websites.
- We will always give at least a one-hour notification before school is dismissed early. Please note: due to road conditions, and the onset time of inclement weather, the timing of an early dismissal may vary from the half-day early dismissal schedule published on the District website.
- Please make sure that you have a plan in place in the event school is dismissed early. This should be on file in the school office.
- In the case of an early dismissal, Fox C-6 must operate its 4 tiers of transportation, which can take additional time when inclement weather is inbound. Fox C-6 Schools are in the following tiers. Note that student drivers are released before the Tier 1 buses leave campus. Please be cognizant that the travel time home will vary due to road conditions.
Fox High School
Fox Middle School
Seckman High School
Rockport Heights Elementary
Antonia Middle School
Ridgewood Middle School
Seckman Middle School
Clyde Hamrick Elementary
Lone Dell Elementary
Meramec Heights Elementary
Don Earl Early Childhood Center
- In the event of inclement weather, please have your student-driver consider riding the bus. They can leave their cars at school if they feel more comfortable.
- In the event of inclement weather-related school closing, Character Kids Club will not be offering a snow day program. If school is canceled due to bad weather our CKC program will be closed. In the best interest of our staff members, the children, and family members, this decision is to keep all safe. In addition, should the district choose to dismiss early due to inclement weather, our CKC program will not operate the afternoon session. We ask that you have an optional plan in place to ensure you are not caught off guard.